The Hidden Routes of Crete
With more than 400 gorges making their mark on the Cretan landscape, due to land corrosion from the flow of river water, Crete is justifiably known as the King of Gorges in Greece. Cretan gorges are magnificent monuments of nature that will give you a sense of the beauty on this amazing Greek island.
During this private experience you will have the oportunity to visit some of Cretes easy accesible Gorges and Canyons,hike and enjoy beautiful mountain sceneries.
We will drive you to at least 4 different canyons and you will be able to walk and discover them.
The Nature there is beautiful, full of different plants,flowers,local herbs, mountain goats and many birds of prey.
As a highlight of this experience, we will take you to one of the richest places for wild life in Crete and you will have the opportunity to walk along a path with over 1800 different tropical plants, many endemic trees and unique Cretan herbs!
After all these hikes, it will be time for restingand regaining energy!
Thats why we will drive you to a local Restaurantand where you will have the chance to taste a large variety of Cretan specialties, all homemade with the best local ingredients!
Finally we will drive you back to your acomodation.
From 96€ per person
(see our price table below)
TOUR PLAN DETAILS
- This tour starts 9:00 am from Chania region and we will make our first stop at the orange valley area.
- There you will enjoy a fresh orange juice and hike around the lake area.
- Later on we will drive you to the next two gorges, and you will have the time to walk and take beautiful pictures!
- After the gorges, we will arrive at the highlight area of the day, where you will be able to hike in a 2,5km path through 1800 different tropical plants,trees and many local herbs!
- After this hike you will enjoy a wonderful meal, with many local dishes all made with the best organic ingridients!
- Later on we will drive to you to the final Gorge of the day, which is also the most remote and there you will be able to hike again.
- In this particular Gorge we might see(if we are lucky enough) some of the famous Griffon Voltures,because their nests lay on the steap sides of the wider area!
- Finally and after the last Gorge we will drive you back to your acomodation.
- Private transportation from and to your location with A/C vehicle.
- English and French speaking local Mountain Guide and guiding services.
- Traditional local meal with wine and “raki”.
- Sampling of local treats and specialties.
- All entrance fees.
- All local taxes and fees,VAT, liability insurance.
- During this tour yoy will be able to choose where(from the places we drive you) and for how long you will hike according to your needs!
- This Tour requires some Hiking experience and low to medium level of fitness.
- The tour involves driving in windy roads so be prepared and take your pills if you get car sick.
- Wear comfortable shoes or hiking boots and take an extra pair of socks with you!
- Take sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Bring a jacket with you(some times it gets cool/windy)
BOOK THIS TOUR
- This tour is only for Chania and the Rethymno region.
- For pickups out of Chania region (more than 25 km of Chania city center), there is an additional charge of 20€ – 100€ depending on the distance and the number of persons. It has to be paid with cash on the day of the tour at the pickup spot.
- You will be notified about the pickup time and the additional charge (if it is required), with a second email following the confirmation email after your booking.