Crete is well known for its beautiful mountains, its world famous beaches, its amazing and unspoiled nature and its healthy Cretan specialties. If you are searching for a tour that combines a bit of all the above then “Pathway to Tranquility” is the ideal tour for you.
During this private driven 4×4 tour, you will have the opportunity to explore the Cretan rocky grounds, to drive through narrow off road tracks full of dust, and admire amazing natural sceneries. Also, you will have plenty of chances for photo stops, and time to see the Cretan flora and fauna of the area. Sometimes you could meet even the Cretan Vultures(hopefully), that live in the wider area.
After this very “special” track, and passing through picturesque Cretan “wild desert”, you will arrive in one of the most beautiful and secluded beach of the north. This desert and rocky isolated beach is the perfect place to relax and to feel the tranquility of the island. There you can swim in crystal clear water, sunbathe, relax and take beautiful pictures of the scenery.
In addition in the area of the beach there are no buildings or any kind of modern facilities, except a very old temple/monastery where the ancient Cretan people use to worship their gods and you can visit it if you wish.
After this nice “dive in tranquility” you will arrive in a small traditional village, where you will enjoy a very carefully prepared traditional Cretan meal. You will taste a variety of traditional dishes, all made with local ingredients, cooked in the family oven, and of course you will taste the local wine and “raki”.
During this tour you will be given a lot of information about the island of Crete, about the Cretan history and cloture, and about the nature of the island.
In the end of this tour you will be driven back at your location, full of nice memories, and with a big smile…
From 123€ per person
(see our price table below)
- This tour starts at 09:00 from Chania region and after your pick up we head towards Kolymbari area where we make a small stop.
- After Kolymbari we start the off road “special” track and we head towards the Cretan wilderness.
- During this off road beaten track, we make many stops in carefully selected photo stops for relax and sightseeing.
- After this experience of driving through rocky grounds and unexplored places we arrive in a well-hidden small beach.
- There you will have the chance to relax, visit an old temple, and of course swim in crystal clear water and even sunbathe.
- Later on, and after our chill out stop in this beautiful area, we will start our way back towards Chania region, and we will arrive in a small traditional village near the sea.
- During the stop in this small village, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a very good and full of local specialties meal. This meal is made by the family in a traditional Cretan restaurant and many dishes are cooked in the family stone oven. Also you will taste the local wine and of course homemade “raki”.
- At the end of this tour, you will be driven back at your accommodation place, full of nice memories and a feeling of tranquility and peace…
- Private transportation from and to your location with 4×4 A/C vehicle.
- English and French speaking local tour escort and guiding services.
- Traditional local meal with wine and “raki”.
- Sampling of local treats and specialties.
- Vat, local taxes and fees, liability insurance.
- We recommend that you carry some money with you in case you want to shop local products or souvenirs.
- The tour involves driving in windy roads, dirt tracks, and rough terrains, so be prepared and take your pills if you get car sick.
- Don’t forget to bring with you swimming suits, towels, hat, sunscreen, flip flops.
- Wear comfortable shoes in case you want to walk a bit around.
Friendly for people with light disabilities: You must be able to get in and out of car and walk small distances.
BOOK THIS TOUR
- This tour is only for Chania and Rethymno region.
- For pickups out of Chania region (more than 25 km of Chania city center), there is an additional charge of 20€ – 100€ depending on the distance and the number of persons. It has to be paid with cash on the day of the tour at the pickup spot.
- You will be notified about the pickup time and the additional charge (if it is required), with a second email following the confirmation email after your booking.