Spirit of Crete – Nature Private Tour
This private guided tour is designed especially for people who want to see the interior of the island. The tour starts from Chania region and goes through gorges, valleys, mountains and traditional small villages.
During this tour you will have the chance to meet local people, learn about the history and the traditions of the island. Also, you’ll have plenty of time to stop for photos, drink a Cretan “Frappe” and relax in the peace of the Cretan nature.
You will see olive trees, orange trees and avocado plantations in the famous orange valley of Chania.
Later on, you will travel to the White mountains area and their wild and rocky environment.
One of the tour’s highlights is the traditional Cretan homemade meal during which you’ll taste many local specialties and of course wine and “raki”.
Meet the spirit of Crete!!!
From 119€ per person
(see our price table below)
TOUR PLAN DETAILS
- This tour starts 9:00 am from Chania region and the first stop is in the avocado area.
- After this area, we drive through beautiful sceneries and make a stop inside a gorge. There is an option for a short walk if you want.
- Then we arrive to a traditional village where you will taste a Cretan “frappe”, some local specialties, visit some historical buildings and relax.
- Later on, we will drive through the windy roads of the white mountains and make many stops for panoramic photos. The views are breathtaking.
- Our next stop will be in a traditional, small, mountain village. There, in a local “cafenio” with amazing view, you’ll enjoy your lunch. This part of the tour is also one of the highlights. You’ll have the chance to taste Cretan specialties, all homemade with local ingredients. In addition, there will be plenty of family wine and “raki”.
- Later on, we will visit the famous Samaria Gorge entrance and admire its unique natural work of art. There, you’ll have some time to enjoy a Cretan tea and some local specialties in a beautiful stone-built café.
- At the end of the tour we’ll head back to Chania region full of nice memories and a big smile.
- Private transportation from and to your location with A/C vehicle.
- English and French speaking local tour escort and guiding services.
- Traditional local meal with wine and “raki”.
- Sampling of local treats and specialties.
- VAT, local taxes and fees, liability insurance.
- We recommend that you carry some money with you in case you want to shop local products or souvenirs.
- The tour involves driving in windy roads so be prepared and take your pills if you get car sick.
- Wear comfortable shoes in case you want to walk a bit around.
- Bring a jacket (depending on the weather conditions).
Friendly for people with disabilities: You must be able to get in and out of car and walk small distances.
BOOK THIS TOUR
- This tour is only for Chania and Rethymno region.
- For pickups out of Chania region (more than 25 km of Chania city center), there is an additional charge of 20€ – 100€ depending on the distance and the number of persons. It has to be paid with cash on the day of the tour at the pickup spot.
- You will be notified about the pickup time and the additional charge (if it is required), with a second email following the confirmation email after your booking.