Drops of Crete is a driven, private tour, through various natural places of Chania region, where you have the chance to see and learn about our local products. Specifically, you will taste and explore the culture of wine, beer and olive oil.
In this tour you will have the opportunity to enjoy a private guided tour in one of the most famous family owned wineries of Chania. You will learn a lot about the wines of the area, visit the winery facilities and cellars and of course taste five different awarded wines, which are among the best ones in the island of Crete.
Later you will be driven through small villages and picturesque sceneries and arrive in an organic olive oil farm. There again you will be guided through the facilities of the olive oil factory, learn about the organic olive oil production and taste the real good extra virgin olive oil, like the local Cretan people do…
At last, you will be driven in the first Cretan family micro brewery of Chania. There you will have time to visit the facilities of the brewery, join a guided tour about beer making and taste five local fresh bio beers.
During the whole tour you will have the chance to see various beautiful places, take a lot of photos and hear a lot of interesting information about the Cretan culture from our expert guides.
From 115€ per person
(see our price table below)
- This tour starts at 9:00 am from Chania and after your pick up we head towards the orange valley.
- We will drive through the valley and make our first stop in the area of the lake, where you will have time to admire the natural beauty of this green & full of wildlife place.
- Then we will drive to the village where is situated the family winery. There you will enjoy a private guided tour through the facilities, the wine cellar, and of course you will try a selection of wines, during your wine tasting session.
- Later on, we will continue our journey and we will arrive at the family olive farm. There you will visit an olive oil mill and you will have the chance to see how organic extra virgin olive oil is made. There you will taste different olive oils of Crete.
- At last we will arrive at the local brewery. This place is a family micro-brewery and there you will enjoy a guided tour, learn how beer is made, plus try five different selected bio beers in a beer tasting session.
- During all the tour you will have time for many stops in beautiful landscapes, take plenty of photos and learn a lot about Cretan culture and life.
- Private transportation from and to your location with an A/C vehicle
- English and French speaking local tour escort and guiding services
- Wine tasting and winery guided private tour (5 local selected wines & snack)
- Beer tasting and brewery guided private tour (5 local bio beers & snack)
- Olive oil factory guided tour and olive oil tasting
- Entrance fees to all places (lake area, winery, brewery, olive oil factory)
- Vat, local taxes and fees, liability insurance
Friendly for people with light disabilities: You must be able to get in and out of car and walk small distances.
BOOK THIS TOUR
- This tour is only for Chania and Rethymno region.
- For pickups out of Chania region (more than 25 km of Chania city center), there is an additional charge of 20€ – 100€ depending on the distance and the number of persons. It has to be paid with cash on the day of the tour at the pickup spot.
- You will be notified about the pickup time and the additional charge (if it is required), with a second email following the confirmation email after your booking.