Discover the most beautiful parts of the city and make a travel through time and history of the original cultural parts of Chania (Ottoman, Venetian, Egyptian and Jewish).
‘4 winds’ is an escorted privileged walk, through the most beautiful spots of Chania city.
As you can imagine from the tours name itself, you will be taken through the picturesque narrow streets, like a light smooth breeze. You will observe life and people, feel the pulse of this charming and full of history city, where 4 different cultures once coexisted, and become one with its history and myths…
You will enter in various places of interest, temples, churches, shops and local sites, observing and understanding the culture of this unique place.
You will have the chance to talk with locals, taste the specialties of the area and different local drinks, with influence from the four main cultures of history of Chania.
During all the tour, you will be escorted by one of our professional passionate guide, who will make your day even better, answering all your questions and showing you the real, authentic part of Cretan life!
An informing, filling and memorable experience… just feel the light and warm cultural breeze of Chania…
From 90€ per person
(see our price table below)
- Tour starts at 9:00 am at the main AGORA covered market, which we will visit.
- We will continue to the old town and see the most important sites of Chania such as: the Venetian fortifications, the Arsenals, the Roman Catholic and the Greek Orthodox Cathedral, the old Jewish Synagogue, the Turkish Mosque ,the Chania Gardens, the Egyptian lighthouse
- During the tour we will make plenty of stops to talk with locals and try different local specialties like: Loukoumades, Pasteli, Tsikoudia, Frappe, Graviera and Mizithra, Elies, Paximadi, and more…
- Also during this tour we will take you to special spots to take spectacular photos or videos
- At the end we will make a stop to a special place and taste some local wines, all made by wineries of the area with local varieties of grapes
- Private transportation from and to your location
- English and French speaking local tour escort and guiding services
- Sampling of local treats, products and beverages
- Wine tasting (4 different local wines)
- Vat & Local taxes
- This is a walking tour so wear comfortable shoes
BOOK THIS TOUR
- This tour is only for Chania and Rethymno region.
- For pickups out of Chania region (more than 25 km of Chania city center), there is an additional charge of 20€ – 100€ depending on the distance and the number of persons. It has to be paid with cash on the day of the tour at the pickup spot.
- You will be notified about the pickup time and the additional charge (if it is required), with a second email following the confirmation email after your booking.